“Legislators have recently passed HB3878 which increases the Rental Housing Support Fee by an additional $9.00.
The increase affects recording fees in all 102 counties throughout the State of Illinois and will take effect July 1, 2023.”
RHSP FEE INCREASE
Effective July 1, 2023
(55 ILCS 5/3-5018.1)
Fees include a $6.20 charge for Automation Fund, a $25.00 charge for Geographic Information
System (GIS) Fund and may include a $19.00 surcharge for the Rental Housing Support Program Act
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS OR CERTIFIED COPIES FOR RECORDING
STANDARD DOCUMENT $79.00
• 8½” x 11” separate sheets – if exhibit drawings or plats are attached they can be no larger than 11” x 17”;
• Document legibly printed in black ink, by hand, type, or computer - signatures and dates may be in contrasting colors if they will reproduce clearly;
• Clear ½ inch margin around the edges of all pages - margins may be used for non-essential notations that will not affect the validity of the document, including but not limited to form numbers, page numbers, and customer notations;
• 3” x 5” blank space in upper right corner of first page;
• A page may not have anything affixed to it with tape, glue, etc., however, pages may be stapled together.
RHSP EXEMPT STANDARD DOCUMENT $60.00
• The $10.00 Rental Housing Support Program surcharge does not apply to public utility easements and other documents recorded by Federal, State or local government agencies.
NON-STANDARD D OCUMENT $117.80
• Any document failing to meet the requirements listed under STANDARD DOCUMENT.
Examples of a “non-standard document” are…
• A document that includes legal-size (8½” x 14) pages unless those pages are exhibit drawings or plats;
• A document that creates a division of an existing Property Identification Number (PIN);
• A document with six or more related document number references.
RHSP EXEMPT NON-STANDARD DOCUMENT $98.80
• The $19.00 Rental Housing Support Program surcharge does not apply to public utility easements and other documents recorded by Federal, State or local government agencies.
STATE TAX LIENS & RELEASES (additional names $1.00) $11.00
FEDERAL TAX LIENS & RELEASES (additional names $1.00) $18.50
PLATS - must be at least 8½” x 14”, but no larger than 30” x 36” $97.00
(1 Mylar & 3 copies)
ALL UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE FILINGS (Public Act 89-503 effective January 1, 1997)
UCC TERMINATION STATEMENT $13.50
UCC-1 FILINGS (Original filing of Financing Statement) $36.00
UCC-3 FILINGS (Amendments, Assignments of Security Interest, Continuations, and Partial Releases of Collateral) $36.00
SCHEDULE OF COPY FEES
FEES FOR COPIES
- Document copied on 8½” x 11”, 8½” x 14” or 11” x 17”) paper - $1.00 per page
- Document image sent via e- mail - $1.00 per page
COPIES OF PLATS
- Paper copy of plat - $10.00 per page
- Individual plat image sent via e-mail - $10.00 per image (page)
COPIES OF REAL ESTATE TRANSFER TAX DECLARATION FORMS (PTAX-203)
- PTAX-203 Real Estate Transfer Tax Declaration Forms - $1.00 per page
- Same as Recording Fee (minus RSHPS fee) - $60.00
- Recording No charge
- Copies (regular or certified) No Charge